Catholic Education Office
The Catholic Education Office is located at 15 Johnson Street Forbes.
The office is responsible for:
- The development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to educational, employment, financial and accountability issues.
- The coordination and employment of staff for schools.
- The monitoring and development of the professional standards of schools and school personnel.
- Improving the quality of school plant and equipment.
The Director of Catholic Education is employed by and is responsible to the Bishop of Wilcannia-Forbes for the administration of the CEO. A number of professional and support staff are employed to assist in this administration.
We are committed to providing the highest quality education for students attending our rural and remote Catholic schools. The achievement of this aim is greatly enhanced by schools in our diocese working closely in partnership with each other and with the CEO.
We work in partnership with schools, parishes, school boards, teachers and parents in promoting Catholic Education and assisting schools in fulfilling their educational and pastoral responsibilities.
We provide a range of services to enhance the quality of education available to students. Service and support are offered in the following key areas of school improvement:
- Catholic identity
- Learning and teaching
- Finance, facilities, accountability and resources
- Community and culture
- Pastoral care and wellbeing