Volunteering at our school
We believe that the Catholic Education our schools offer your child is profoundly strengthened by the collaborative relationship between home, school and parish.
Catholic schools would not exist without the outstanding dedication and contribution of parents.
‘Getting involved’ can mean different things to different people. There are countless volunteer opportunities for parents and families in Catholic schools.
Some ways in which parents can be involved may include:
- organizing, catering, or working at fundraising activities such as street stalls or clearance sales
- accompanying on excursions
- assisting at athletics and swimming carnivals and other events that take place away from the school
- organizing or assisting with a specific club or interest group eg. garden club
- becoming a member of the School Committee
- participating in the school Parents and Friends Association
- covering books for the library
- sewing costumes or building sets for theatrical and musical productions
- helping out with visual arts and crafts or sport activities
- volunteering to speak in the classroom if you have a field of expertise that you’d like to share
- working in the school canteen
- participating in working bees
- coaching a sporting team
- attending assembly, each second Friday
- attending weekend Mass, especially monthly Parish Children’s Mass
- attending Lunch On The Lawn on the Friday of Week 5 each Term
For more information on how you can be involved in the life of your child’s school, please speak to your school Principal.