May I welcome you as members or potential members of our Catholic schools family in the Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes. In 2021, I have the honour of working alongside 464 teaching and support staff in 18 parish schools teaching 1860 students.
Our parish schools serve the young people and families of western NSW (our diocese serves 52% of NSW – approximately the size of France).
Our schools are communities of faith, learning and transformation founded upon the person of Jesus Christ. Our Bishop, Columba Macbeth-Green, is passionate that his Catholic schools provide the best in learning and faith formation.
Put simply, we strive to ensure that our schools provide an outstanding and safe education where the whole person is developed. We believe that every child is precious as they are made in the image and likeness of God. We also passionately believe that every child can learn and achieve.
As a father, I know how important it is to parents and carers that all the needs of children are met. Our devoted and caring staff work hard every day to meet the following needs of the children in our care:
- Your child will always be safe
- Your child will be happy and feel loved and valued. Your child’s self worth will be nourished in our schools
- Your child will develop skills and qualities that will equip them for life beyond school
- Your child’s unique learning needs will be met in a rich and varied learning environment and co-curricular experience
- Your child will develop as a whole person – spiritually, physically, emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and socially
- Most vitally, your child will know that they are loved by God and they will be offered a deep friendship with Jesus Christ. Our unique Religious Education program, Educating in Christ, is designed so that children and families enjoy learning about God in an authentic and engaging way. Our supportive and caring parish priests contribute positively to the life of the school and invite families into the life of the parish
Our Principals, school staff and Catholic Education Office staff all commit to meeting these needs and to shaping a bright future for our children in which they take their place beyond school in leading happy and fulfilled lives.
Yours in Christ