What is it?
Teachers who are interested in attaining a leadership position within our Diocese are invited to complete the “Expression of interest for Leadership Opportunities” form. This alerts our recruitment team to individuals who are interested in future leadership opportunities, particularly at middle leadership levels. This will enable us to not only consider these individuals for opportunities that arise but to assist with the provision of pathways to leadership.
- To provide pathways within our own Diocese for teachers seeking leadership opportunities.
- To assist our Diocese with recruiting leaders, particularly in our more remote areas, through the establishment of a pool of potential leaders.
Where is it located?
Who will benefit from this program?
- Teachers in our Diocese who are interested in opportunities for future leadership.
- Schools advertising leadership positions.
- If based on a secondment arrangement, this will advance the teacher’s skills on return to their original school, and benefit the school from which they are drawn.
- Our Employer Brand – supporting employees and schools.
Opportunities will be available for interested teachers to gain appropriate accreditation to lead in a Catholic School in our Diocese.
How would this work?
Once an expression of interest is received that teacher will be placed in our Talent Community database, under ‘Leadership interest’. The recruitment team will make contact with the employee and discuss their interest along with possible pathways to develop their skills and suitability for future opportunities.
When Leadership positions become available and are advertised, the employee will be contacted to initiate discussion on suitability and interest. If this criteria is met, the employee will be encouraged to apply for the position.
To encourage teachers to leave the security of their own town, a secondment for a given period may be offered that would mutually benefit both schools, as well as the teacher. If there is no need (or the teacher does not wish to take on secondment) then the process will follow our usual procedures. Any secondment arrangement would always be a consultative process involving the relevant Principals.