St Joseph’s Parish School Hillston

Welcome to St Joseph’s Parish School Hillston

Watch the video below and be inspired by the possibilities at St Joseph’s Hillston!


We would like to acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional lands of the Aboriginal people and their many custodians. We pay our respects to both present and past elders and the continuing custodians of these land. May we listen with great care to the heartbeat of Aboriginal lands and to its people who have cared for it so well and for so long.

The rural town of Hillston in far west NSW has a population of approximately 1300 which services vast areas of pastoral and irrigation properties. Hillston and the surrounding area is attracting families and workers from overseas, which is adding a multicultural dimension to the town.

St Joseph’s Parish School is a systemic school in the Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school, situated on the banks of the Lachlan River, was opened in 1892 and enjoys the rich charism of Mary MacKillop’s Josephite Sisters, who were present at the school until 2002.

The school Motto

“Let Your Light Shine Before All” promotes that each of us has been gifted in some way and we are called to share these gifts with others. By sharing our gifts, we shine our light before all. Our school community is enriched by students from a variety of countries and cultures. As educators, we welcome and work with our students to live our mantra – respectful responsible learners, equipping them to contribute positively to the school, parish and local community.