ST MICHAEL’S PARISH TRUNDLE
For parish details – click here
Father Gunn is a wonderful spiritual and pastoral leader who has a close and friendly involvement with the school. The children are in class groupings, according to their stage of development. Individual attention is assured from very experienced, friendly staff who work in close liaison with parents to provide the highest standard of education for each child in their care.
Children are challenged to reach their potential and consistently high standards are achieved in all KLAs. Our priority is to enrich and empower the children so they become lifelong learners.
St Patrick’s Parish School encourage the involvement and participation of the parish and wider community. It also establishes and maintains positive communications within the school and wider community; and will deepen the relationship between students, staff, parents, parish and wider community.
Our Parish Community is:
- invited to school celebrations such as liturgical celebrations, concerts, presentation evenings, social activities and sporting events.
- updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the Church foyer.
- kept informed of school information through the Principal attending Parish Meetings and important dates being placed in the church bulletin.
- made aware of the school’s religious program through the Religious Education Co-ordinator and Principal meeting with the Parish Priest.
- invited to speak at different school events, for example, members of Parish Committees.
- The school is featured in the local newspaper regularly with current issues and events that have been happening in the school community.
- The Staff attend joint inservice opportunities offered by the Diocesan Office and other sources.
- Updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the local shops.
- The wider community is invited to support the school community by providing specialist services such as guest speakers and use of venues for special occasions.
- The school plans excursions within the Wider Community to appropriate venues.
THE DIOCESE OF WILCANNIA-FORBES
The Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes is geographically large and diverse. The diocese includes twenty-two parishes in an area occupying half of New South Wales.