Is your child ready for school next year? Is school ready for your child next year? Set your child up for success in 2022 by enrolling her or him in the St Mary’s ‘Reach for the Stars’ Kindergarten Transition Program.
When? Each Tuesday from 8.50 am to 3.10 pm for 10 weeks, starting Tuesday, August 17th and running until Tuesday, November 2nd.
‘Reach for the Stars is based on the latest research around Play-based learning and is being led by Kindergarten Teacher, Felicity Kew, along with a Teacher Assistant.
Please contact the school office on 6993 1775 to book a place for your child.
ST LAURENCE O’TOOLE PARISH FORBES
For parish details – click here
St Laurence’s Parish School encourages the involvement and participation of the parish and the wider community. It also establishes and maintains positive communications within the school and wider community; and will deepen the relationship between students, staff, parents, parish and wider community.
Our Parish Community is:
- invited to school celebrations such as liturgical celebrations, concerts, presentation evenings, social activities, and sporting events.
- updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the Church foyer.
- kept informed of school information through the Principal attending Parish Meetings and important dates being placed in the church bulletin.
- made aware of the school’s religious program through the Religious Education Co-ordinator and Principal meeting with the Parish Priest.
- invited to speak at different school events, for example, members of Parish Committees.
- The school is featured in the local newspaper regularly with current issues and events that have been happening in the school community.
- The Staff attend joint inservice opportunities offered by the Diocesan Office and other sources.
- Updated on school news by way of weekly school newsletters being placed in the local shops.
- The wider community is invited to support the school community by providing specialist services such as guest speakers and use of venues for special occasions.
- The school plans excursions within the Wider Community to appropriate venues.
THE DIOCESE OF WILCANNIA-FORBES
The Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes is geographically large and diverse. The diocese includes twenty-two parishes in an area occupying half of New South Wales.