Are you considering a career in teaching? Catholic Education Wilcannia-Forbes welcomes you to step into our Diocese and experience the amazing community that is unique to Wilcannia-Forbes!
As a strategic aspect of future workforce planning, our Scholarship program aims to attract the best and brightest to the teaching profession and address specific areas of workforce need.
YEAR 12 SCHOLARSHIPS
CEWF offers two scholarships per year for Year 12 school students within the Wilcannia-Forbes Diocese, with a strong academic record, a demonstrated interest in working with children and a passion for the community of Wilcannia-Forbes.
The Scholarship program offers financial support to students seeking to enrol in a Primary teaching degree (with a willingness to undertake accreditation to teach Religious Education).
Who can apply?
Any Year 12 student who is:
- Completing the HSC in a school located within the Wilcannia-Forbes Diocese
- Expecting to gain admission to a Bachelor of Education (Primary) degree program on the basis of their predicted ATAR results
- Committed to teaching in the Wilcannia-Forbes Diocese for a minimum period of 3 years, following successful attainment of a Bachelor of Education (Primary)
What’s on offer?
- Two scholarships available per year
- A total of $20,000 distributed over four years, sponsored by CEWF, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Opportunity for a contracted teaching position in the diocese on completion
- Support and opportunities throughout your study
Applications close: 18 August 2023